Monday, February 28, 2011

February Update

Well here it is the last day of February. Not much has really happened around here. There is STILL snow, lots of it. Sarah told me she does not remember what summer feels like.

Lyle was offered and accepted a new job. It is with Baker Hughes. He will still be an engineer perforating wells. The bad news is that it is in North Dakota. The good news (we hope) is that he should make more money. As always it depends on how much work he gets, most of his paycheck is based on bonus. I think we are going to try and rent a place in or near Williston. Our whole family is tired of not being together. So we will live part time in ND and part time here in Evanston.

Levi and Colleen are off to New Zealand. They leave the 10th of March. It sounds like they have a fun trip planned.

Biff and Chris are doing well. They are preparing for the little boy that will be here in May.

Beky is doing fine. She will be caretaker to the house and farm for most of March and part of April. She will also be subbing for my primary class.

Hannah and Sarah are excited about all the traveling we get to do in the next few weeks. They are doing well in school. Hannah is about done with her second grade phonics and is reading at a 3rd grade level. Sarah is learning to read and can read, spell and write over a 100 words.

The girls and I leave here on friday for Denver. We will meet Lyle there and drive to Dalla,TX. Lyle has training for his new job there for 2 weeks. The girls and I will have a mini vacation. We get to go see my sister Lorri for a couple of days.

Jake and Crissy are awaiting the birth of their new little guy. Crissy is more than ready! He is due mid-March, but might make an appearance eariler. We get to go see them the first of April. I have been knitting for babies like crazy lately.

As far as the farm goes...... I just don't know. We are trying to decide what to do. It is hard with Lyle gone all the time. I love doing it, but not sure I can do ALL of it myself. One option is to take a year off (just do meat for us). One option is to cut down on the amount we raise. Another option is to do all chickens in one batch or two. Part of the trip will be spent deciding... I hate to disappoint our customers/friends.

Happy Spring to our friends andfamily!

2 comments:

  1. Well you didn't ask for comments or votes but...I for one think family comes first and being together is the most important. I do love your meat though :)Good luck with all you have going on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. More blog posts....running with the theory 'build it and they will come'. I would love to see you at Evanston's new farmer's market. In a perfect world, I would love to see your ranch take off like wildfire with an onsite store. You'd be amazed how far people would travel and open their pocketbook for healthier, ethically/more humanely raised meat. Thought?

    ReplyDelete